JOB TITLE : SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE- LAW
POSITION OPEN FROM : NOW
LOCATION : SAKET, NEW DELHI
India Institute is ready to provide the right candidate with an opportunity to be a change-agent in today’s globalised world. We are looking for a Senior Research Associate- Law who is interested in pursuing a career focused on the exciting intersection of public policy and law.
The Senior Research Associate will be exceptionally good at legal knowledge (both provisions and jurisprudence) related to economic freedom (regulation, licensing, PPP, public goods provision, competition), individual liberty (choice, protection against sexual harassment, violence, discrimination and police misconduct) and rule of law (state v individual, accountability, transparency, probity in public life, separation of powers, limited government) and undertake in-depth primary and research for projects furthering the mission of the Institute.
WORK HOURS : 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (Full time)
QUALIFICATION : Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of law
EXPERIENCE : 3 to 5 years in a relevant field
REQUIRED SKILLS : (Non- Domain)
– Exceptional English verbal, written, and presentation skills
– Highly organised, attention to detail, results oriented
– Good quantitative skills with an ability to analyse and represent data accurately
– Robust methodical and energetic approach to challenging tasks
– Well versed with MS Office and Internet-enabled professional applications
– Ability to foster and promote productive professional relationships with people around the globe
– Keep up to date with developments in legislation and judicial pronouncements related to the institute’s focus areas of education (K-12 and tertiary), property rights, rule of law, economic freedom and individual liberty
– Undertake primary and secondary research, including case laws, for and/or in support of research publications, advocacy and litigation in furtherance of the Institute’s mission of promoting dignity, choice and enterprise
– Write opinion pieces, blogs and other forms of literature to create awareness on legalities, policy ideas and philosophical view points. Prepare research schedules so work runs smoothly and deadlines are clear.
– Write reports, notes and maintain databases required
– Imagine, plan and implement research, advocacy and litigation projects
– Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, interns and volunteers in order to improve productivity while giving the juniors the opportunity to learn and grow
– Foster productive relationships with partners and other collaborators
– Any other task necessary to effectively discharge the overall duties of a research associate
Interested candidates are requested to mail their resume along with a covering letter to email@example.com at the earliest. Preference will be given to those who show considerable understanding of the interplay of law and economics, and appreciate libertarian values of rule of law, individual liberty and sanctity of contract.